You have your dress, your shoes and your jewellery, now, to focus on the finer details, your perfect makeup look.
Incorporating some spring makeup trends will ensure your look is fresh.
Australian makeup artist Napoleon Perdis says maintaining the condition of your skin is essential before considering any makeup.
“The weather during spring and summer can really play havoc on the skin, it can become dry and dehydrated from sun exposure to shiny and oily from the dry hot weather,” he says.
“The skin needs extra TLC so my must-haves would be a balm cleanser to keep the skin hydrated and soft all day.”
He says, once you have hydrated skin, and have primed appropriately, it’s time to try something a little bold.
“Electric blue is huge this season,” he says.
“The easiest way to inject some colour into your look is by using a blue mascara, teamed with a bright pop of colour on the lips to add a fun youthful look perfect.”
Jacob Stanley, MECCA Head of Education, says it’s time to leave the dark tones of winter behind, recommending coral, peach and apricot tones for lips.
“Casual summertime glamour is the goal,” he says.
For your eyelids, Jacob recommends metallic and shimmer, especially rich and warm metallic including copper.
Eyebrows, which have been having such a moment, should be looking natural.
“Brows are definitely ‘calming down’ – we’re definitely seeing a preference for less intense, less ‘done’ brows,” says Jacob.
“They should look like human eyebrows.
“Fill, define, and enhance, but don’t try to make your brows the most noticeable thing about your face.”
Dewy complexions are making a return after a few years of matte-madness.
“But when it comes to lashes and lips, bigger-than-big is better – everyone wants longer, larger, louder when it comes to those features,” says Jacob.
It is also important to remember makeup maintenance throughout the day.
“Don’t neglect the touch up,” Napoleon says.
“Packing essential touch ups is a must; non-negotiables are powder, eyeliner and lipstick.”
However, while doing your makeup, it is important to wear what you love.
“My best tip? You do you. Wear whatever makes you feel great,” Jacob says.
1. Cover FX matte setting powder, $51 from Sephora;
2. Total Bae Own It! Electric mascara, $29 from Napoleon Perdis;
3. Stila matte n’ metal eyeshadow palette, $71 from Mecca;
4. Too Faced sweet peach creamy peach oil lip gloss in peach tease, $27 from Mecca;
5. Eyestudio colortattoo metal 24hr cream gel eye shadow, $9.99 from Chemist Warehouse;
6. Take The Day Off cleansing balm, $55 from Clinique;
7. Urban Decay de-slick oil control makeup setting spray, $49 from Mecca;
8. Crème sheen glass in Cha-Cha-Cha, $43 from MAC;
9. ARDELL fashion lashes 105 black, $10.99 from Priceline;
10. Foolproof brow powder, $42 from Benefit