After all the time and energy put into your wedding, it’s time to take a well-earned break on your dream honeymoon.
There is literally a world of options to choose from as your first getaway as a married couple.
Holiday accommodation listing website Airbnb has revealed its most popular destinations and listings.
When it comes to cities to honeymoon in, Europe has proven the most popular, especially Italy, with Rome, Florence and Venice all making the top ten.
Paris was unsurprisingly the most popular city to travel to on a honeymoon, with 24,000 listings users added to their honeymoon wish lists.
Bali, Barcelona, London, San Francisco, New York City and Los Angeles also made the list.
Top 10 honeymoon destination cities on Airbnb:
1. Paris, France
2. Rome, Italy
3. Bali, Indonesia
4. Barcelona, Spain
5. Florence, Italy
6. London, England
7. San Francisco, California
8. New York City, New York
9. Venice, Italy
10. Los Angeles, California
When it comes to choosing an actual listing, treehouses were the most popular; with the treetop-style accommodation taking up five of the top 10 listings. Seaside escapes also proved popular in Hawaii, Greece and Mexico.
Top 10 honeymoon listings on Airbnb:
1. Relax in the natural hot and cool springs at a rainforest tree house in Costa Rica. The number one most wish-listed honeymoon listing is a treehouse in Quesada, Costa Rica, is located in a 35-acre rainforest reserve with natural hot springs.
2. A treehouse near a volcano in Hawaii is the second most popular honeymoon listing on Airbnb.
3. Hawaii also takes the third sport with this hidden jewel at Kealakekua Bay, – a perfect honeymoon cottage.
4. Another lovely treehouse nestled in lush rainforest in Costa Rica makes the list, great for animal-lovers.
5. Couples can explore Santorini and stay in this traditional Greek abode.
6. This stunning tropical treehouse in Hawaii has a 360 degree view of the jungle.
7. Celebrate being newlyweds in a Balian treehouse, only a short three minute walk away from the beach.
8. This adorable garden gingerbread house in Makawao, Hawaii is a romantic hideaway.
9. The famous seashell house in Isla Mujeres, Mexico includes a private pool.
10. Newlyweds are also in love with this traditional Fisherman’s Cave,located in Oia, Greece.
Can’t decide from all of these stunning options? Choose one for your honeymoon and plan ahead for your anniversaries to come.